1/4 pound sliced cooked lean ham (slices or cubes)
1 cup carrots
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound fettuccine or egg noodles
1 package frozen peas
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, keeping the ham slices in a stack, cut the ham into 1/2 inch wide strips. Cut the carrots into very thin (1/8 inch) rounds.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, Parmesan and pepper together.
- Add the fettuccine to the boiling water and cook until almost done, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook with the pasta for 2 minutes longer, or until the pasta is al dente and the broccoli is just softened.
- Place a colander over a large heatproof serving bowl. Drain the pasta and vegetables into the colander, letting the boiling water heat the bowl. Pour the water out of the bowl and add the drained hot pasta and vegetables. Immediately pour the beaten egg mixture over the hot pasta and toss to cook the eggs and coat the pasta.
- Add the ham and toss. Serve hot.
Substitutions: I didn't have frozen peas and carrots, but I did have fresh broccoli and it turned out yummy with it instead. I served it with applesauce on the side:
Why did I take a picture of the applesauce? I didn't! My dear husband did. He and the girls are all teasing me because I take pictures of the food before we eat it. Actually if I stop and think about it, I might just think it is weird too! But then who likes a recipe without a photo of what it's going to look like!?