So this summer we went on this awesome treck around the Northwest. It wasn't as long as we spent in Alaska a few years ago...but it was fun just the same. A few things that we will keep in mind for next summer (keep in mind that I don't usually dwell on the negative--but these are vital travel tips for others!):
1. Don't travel during the hottest part of the summer while camping in a tent trailer without AC.
2. Don't stay anywhere that doesn't include a pool.
3. Don't eat at a place called Asian Buffet, especially if it has sushi and octopus sitting out for who knows how long! (You will live to regret it over and over again for the next 24-48 hours!)
4. Don't stay in a hotel where the paint is peeling, the carpet has big stains, all the rooms smell like they were smoking rooms, there is food left in the room from the last guests, and the man behind the desk is grumpy and rude and you ask him if he's having a bad day and he goes into a long diatribe about how this isn't really the kind of job he wanted, but there weren't any jobs in his field available, so he is stuck checking us in and answering our questions, which he really could care less about.
5. Don't combine a business trip with a family vacation.
But we really did have a ton of fun. It's just that Salt Lake City isn't the best place in August...at least according to my girls.
Seeing her old friend from Eureka and watching the bison in Yellowstone.
Now DD's favorite's were:
Actually he loved Yellowstone just as much as the rest of us, but I had to give him a hard time about going to these places while in Utah. He's like a bloodhound. He can sniff them out where ever we go!